Saturday, November 04, 2006

Looking Back and Moving Foward

Because this is going to be my 50th post I waited until I had some breathing time to sit down and write it. It is a huge milestone for me because I just started my blog on a whim. I was sitting at home after graduating college and I was in the midst of deciding what path I wanted to take in life. As I made life altering decisions I decided to try blogging as a forum to express my feeling on these issues and many others in the hopes that it would help me sort things out. This blog also allowed be to do some writing on the Yankees, Devils, and any other sports topics that caught my fancy. I didn't have many people to talk sports with on a daily basis so my writing allowing me to express my opinions, elation, and disappointments.

During these last few months I have been through my share of tough times, trials, tears, and finding a new resolve. I have chosen to take the path less traveled and follow my dream instead of others' expectations. I am still on a mission to finding completion. I can now end my search for a sports job, thank G-d, because I have found my dream job and my path in life. I can tell you it is not easy, the road is long and hard, you get a lot of NOs and criticism, and you have to be willing to give on making money right away. I will always run into people, including my parents, who will trivialize what I do even now that I found a good job, but I love what I do and that's is what's most important.

Some random notes. Last week when walking back to my Dad's office I say three fire trucks blocking part of the street. As I got closer I realized they were at my Dad's building and I got very nervous. It turns out someone called them because the lobby smelled of kerosene/oil. When I realized that there was no danger it was fun to see 30 (mostly very hot) firefighters checking out every nook of the building. I should have taken pictures, but I didn't think of it at the time. I made my way upstairs and made a quick stop in the bathroom and as I was washing my hands I heard male voices and radios. They knocked on the door and moved on. When I came out there were five firfighters checking the top floor we exchanged hellos and they left. Also, earlier in the week I walked my Abercrombie again on my way into work and say the model once again standing just inside the enterance. This time he was wearing his trademark low rise jeans paired with an open puffer coat to reveal his bare chest.

Finally, I would like to thank all my readers for coming by. Most of all I thank all my commenters for their support, advice, and opinions. It has been fun and this blogged has helped me through some of the tough times. Here is to more good times still to come, overcoming the challenges that lay ahead, and doing more to help make a difference in the world.

6 Comments:

Blogger Scraps said...

Happy 50th, Bella! I'm so glad you started blogging. :)

2:32 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

Happy 50th...May u go on and on..and follow your dreams...and not be too distracted ...(by hot firefighters..lol)

11:04 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

That was a very well written post of course the others are as well. Happy 50th post and many more:).

10:46 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:46 AM  
Blogger bellanny said...

Scraps- thanks, me too

David- amen, thanks I'll try not to be :-)

Swfm- thanks!

7:23 PM  
Blogger chaverah said...

congrats on your 50th! Dont stop here, continue on!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home