Sunday, November 19, 2006

Busy Busy

I apologize for not being as attentive as I should be to my blog in the last few weeks. My hours went from whatever I wanted to getting up at 5:30 in the morning and getting home at about 9PM. Weekends have also been a little crazy with family parties. So this post is just to tell you that I have not quit after my 50th post. This is just the beginning.

My parents are taking their first vacation without the kids. Finally! Although I did enjoy going to cool places. So now I have to go help them pack (to make sure they get there ;-) ). I will be back to posting regularly asap. And hopefully I will have that party I always imagined while they are gone. Can't wait. Also, there are some things that are on my mind that I have to decide whether or not to blog about and how to express myself.

Nothing major to blog about in sports yet. Maybe I will post on some of the deals being made and not made in baseball. One day last week I was walking to work along 5th Avenue and I noticed a female TV reporter with her crew. She was asking some men passing by a question, but did not ask me the same. As I was waiting at the corner I heard her asking the men walking if they were Yankee fans. Presumably she was asking about the bidding for the Japaneese pitcher. I was itching to go over to her and explain that I was a die hard Yankee fan and give my take, but I was stupid and talked myself out of it which I really regret. It really bothers me that they just assume that women can't be Yankee fans and just target the men, which I guess is understandable, but I have wanted to fight against that stereotype/assumption for a long time. That was my shot to help that cause and I failed by not stepping up and saying something and it really bothered me. I hope next time I will stand up and speak my mind and let my views be heard.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scraps said...

Am I invited to that party? ;-)

10:49 AM  
Blogger Pragmatician said...

careful with the party, make sure to levae no traces behind!

It's very true that there's a stereotype.
The first I saw a women watching a match on TV I was spellbound that women could care about sports.

11:12 AM  
Blogger bellanny said...

Scraps- If there is a party, sure.

Prag- Will do. Although I am so tired I doubt there will be one unless it is at the end of the weekend.

Back to work for me.

10:03 PM  
Blogger Aizul Fitri said...

AAAAAAAAAAAA......

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home