Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Silence

Say something
Anything
I can’t stand the silence
Anymore
It’s eating away at me

I sit
I wait
I hope
But all that greets me
Day after day
Is silence
More of the same
Nothing changes

Unavailable
Just out of reach
Out of sight
Out of sound
Out of range
But not out of mind

The silence
Continues
Tears at me
Builds
To a crescendo
It’s all I hear

There’s no music
Just silence
With occasional flashes
Of light
That penetrate
My bubble
My world

Like a smile of joy
At a memory
But mostly wistful

It’s over
The silence
Yells
But I ignore it
Wait
Patiently
Impatiently
For the silence
To be
Broken

Ignore
The little voice
Inside
That tells me
The wait
Is in vain

Because
One sound
Still resonates
Loud and clear
Hope
Those last words:
I’ll
Talk
To
You
Later

So
I’ve waited
Long enough
It’s time
For you to
To come out
From hiding
And

Say something
Anything
I can’t stand the silence
Anymore
It’s eating away at me

8 Comments:

Blogger Scraps said...

Oy...you've been having a hard time lately, haven't you? (((hugs)))

It's so hard when there's just that little shred of hope, whispering in your ear, "Maybe s/he'll call..." It keeps you from moving on and making your own happiness.

4:36 PM  
Blogger bellanny said...

Yup yup. Thanks for the hugs. They are really appreciated. There is still a shred of hope, a very small shred. So even as I try to move on some days it taunts me. More to follow.

7:09 PM  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

If this is a guy, dont beat yourself up about it. Youll be fine. The sound of silence is a great song.

9:14 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Hope you feel better, very powerful poem, I liked it alot.

4:48 PM  
Blogger bellanny said...

CD- Thanks for the vote of confidence.

SFM- Thanks. Me too ;-)

6:15 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

I could feel the tension...the unbearable sound of silence where there should be noise...
Stay strong..
:-)
if a tree does not fall in a forest and no ones around....is there silence?
hmmm

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jewboy said...

And the silence from you continues. No words about Bobby Abreu?

6:24 PM  
Blogger bellanny said...

unfortunately the silence lasted a little to long. my apologies.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home