Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Hope


Hope
Sneaks into
My dreams
Can’t let it die
Haunting me
Maybe eventually
My dreams
Will come true
But how long will I have to wait
I can’t
Waste my life
Away
So I try
To file it away
To pick up
The pieces of
My heart
And move on

Trying
To put on
A brave front
But
Aching
Deep inside
The pain
That just won’t
Go away
Even with time
Scaring me
Because I can’t
Forget
Frustrated
That there’s something
Holding me back

Craving
What I can’t have
Despising the silence
When there’s nothing
More for me to say
And no word
From you
It’s not up to me
Anymore
But in
Someone else’s hands
Out of my control

But still I
Can’t lose hope
Can’t lose faith
Because without it
There would be
Nothing left
Who would I be
Without my
Hopes and dreams
I would fall apart

7 Comments:

Blogger Scraps said...

The waiting is the worst. And hoping when your head tells you not to but your heart just can't help but try.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

Wow. I hope you didnt have your heart ripped out.

(or if this is about the Yanks getting Abreu or a big time pitcher, things dont look too good)

-peace out.

11:11 AM  
Blogger bellanny said...

Guilty of the first.

Cute sports take. I try not to go overboard as a fan. The Yankees may cause me grief sometimes, but for the most part it adds fun to my life. As for trades I think they can make do with what tey have in the outfield until Matsui and Sheff get back, but they do need another starting pitcher. I am not counting on Pavano, but if he gets back soon it would be great.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Scraps said...

Oy. I'm sorry you got your heart ripped out. It's not fun at all. (And yes, I know I'm stating the obvious.)

(((hugs)))

Have a good Shabbos!

1:24 PM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

So beautiful speaks to me, I can so relate. So happy it was a poem and not a sports post lol.

2:01 PM  
Blogger bellanny said...

Scraps- thanks for the support

SFM- lol I'm glad you liked it more of both will follow

9:48 PM  
Blogger David_on_the_Lake said...

wow...from the heart.
Hope is so easy to lose...so elusive...but its always right there under the surface..

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home