Monday, July 17, 2006

Just Another Weekend

Just another weekend gone by.

Late Friday afternoon, as I was cooking for shabbos, I accidentally cut my finger with a nail. It was not just any nail, but my own fingernail that turned against me. The cut was so deep that it took 3 hours of standing and sitting with my hand above my head and either applying pressure or wrapping it too tight to stop the bleeding. No swimming for me.

Saturday night I spent most of the time writing down all the thoughts that had been going on in my head. It was frustrating that I couldn’t write anything down, but I managed to remember most of it.

On Sunday we went to visit my sister in camp. My grandfather came with us in the car. Him and my Dad are always at odds and arguing over which way is best. So naturally most of the way they were arguing over which way was faster. My grandfather kept chiming in that the way we were going had more traffic and took at least 7 minutes longer and we would have made it faster his way. This only caused my Dad to speed (a little more than the usual 15 mph over the speed limit). There were 6 of us in a six-seater car and I was sitting in the middle seat of the back row with my grandfather next to me. He has a very high pitched voice and when he argues he tends to scream. Needless to say without my Discman to distract me, I was not happy.

Anyway, the weekend ended very well. The Yankees swept their huge 3 game series with the White Sox to begin their second half with a bang. They have quietly moved up in the standings and are only a half game behind the AL East leading Red Sox and only 3 games in back of the White Sox in the wild card race. Go Yankees!

8 Comments:

Blogger Scraps said...

Oy. Sorry to hear about you hurting yourself. I hope your finger gets better soon.

Also sorry to hear about your... interesting family trip. I know firsthand what kind of havoc "family time" can wreak, so I can relate.

Go Yankees! :)

6:10 PM  
Blogger bellanny said...

Thanks on both accounts. My finger is getting better slowly.

I'm so used to family arguements that it is expected. That was only one of the arguements featured on the relatively average trip. Usually I can put on my music and tune it out, but not for another 2 weeks+. I try to ignore it as much as possible.

9:18 PM  
Blogger FrumSingleGuy said...

My parents don't like it when we take extended trips and I bring along a book or a discman... sorry to hear you had an unpleasant car ride. Hope your finger heals well!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Scraps said...

We usually listen to talk radio, news, or music in the car. No major family discussions/fights/etc. Thank G-d.

2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Bell:

See my latest post and let me nkowo if you are interested. Even though I like the Mets, of course...

2:48 PM  
Blogger Cellar Door said...

wooooooooooooooot! Chicago stinks.

9:13 AM  
Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Oyy, at least the weekend ended well. Even though you know that ending is bad in my book, I am still happy it's a victory for you:).

4:48 PM  
Blogger bellanny said...

aw..thanks :)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home