Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Meeting Jorge

I was in the city last week and as I was passing Barnes and Noble I looked at the books that were just released. On one of the big carboard signs it said: Jorge Posada book signing Monday April 24th at 1pm. Just my luck it was April 24th. Posada is one of my favorite Yankees and a classy guy. So I went to get some lunch and then went back to Barnes and Noble. I bought the children's book he was signing for about 17 dollars. I was not dying to read the book, but it would be great to get my copy autographed for later. Barnes and Noble was expected a line down the street, but there were only about 20 people in line. Even so they did not allow any dilly dallying, pictures with Jorge, or personal autographs. I wanted to tell him, "Great game last night and good luck with the season," but I was told to continue on. So I just got to stand there while he signed my book, snap a quick picture, and grab another look before I was told to step away. Boy were they uptight there. But, it was still worth it. I can only hope I will meet him again under friendlier circumstances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home