Thursday, March 23, 2006

Single

I recently came across this song from Natasha Bedingfield. This goes out to all those people who say, "Oh my gosh, your 21 and not married?" The answer is no I'm not, and I'm happy being single as long as it lasts. When I find the right guy I will get married, but for right now I am enjoying single life.

"Single"
Ah yeah that's right
All you single people out there
This is for you

I'm not waitin' around for a man to save me
(Cos I'm happy where I am)
Don't depend on a guy to validate me
(No no)
I don't need to be anyone's baby
(Is that so hard to understand?)
No I don't need another half to make me whole

Make your move if you want doesn't mean I will or won't
I'm free to make my mind up you either got it or you don't

This is my current single status
My declaration of independence
There's no way I'm tradin' places
Right now a star's in the ascendant

I'm single (Right now)
That's how I wanna be
I'm single (Right now)
That's how I wanna be

Ah yeah Uh Huh that's right

Don't need to be on somebody's arm to look good
(I like who I am)
I'm not saying I don't wanna fall in love 'cos I would
I'm not gonna get hooked up just 'cos you say I should
(Can't romance on demand)
I'm gonna wait so I'm sorry if you misunderstood

Everything in it's right time everything in it's right place
I know I'll settle down one day
But 'til then I like it this way it's my way
Eh I like it this way
Make your move if you want doesn't mean I will or won't
I'm free to make my mind up you either got it or you don't

'Til then I'm single
This is my current single status
My declaration of independence
There's no way I'm tradin' places
Right now a star's in the ascendant

7 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Likes Green said...

good song!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Scraps said...

I'm not minding singledom too terribly, either. I hate it when people say, "Oh, you're twentysomething? I'm sorry." And I'm like, "WTH for?! I'm not sorry that I'm twentysomething!" Because of course, the implication is that of, "Oh, poor Scraps, she's twentysomething and NOT MARRIED." I will be as happy as the next girl to get married when I do, but for now, I do not think that it's a terrible tragedy that I'm not married yet.

11:18 AM  
Blogger bellanny said...

:-) definitely not a terrible tragedy. I noticed from your blog that you're a Yankee fan. They will do better this year with a better and more reliable pitching staff. But, the second half of last season was pretty awesome.

3:55 PM  
Blogger bellanny said...

I don't think being a Yankee fan is a terrible tragedy at all. Sure we haven't won the World Series since 2000, but we've made it to the playoffs every year and have had some great seasons. So for me neither has been anywhere close to tragedy ;-) For a Mets fan that might be another story, which may have a happier ending this season.

Yes it does remain to be seen if the Yankee pitching staff can hold up. But Brown is finally gone and Chacon, Wang, and Small have proven they can hack it in NY. The only two that worry me are Wright with his burnout at the end of the season and Pavano as he returns from injury. Johnson and Mussina, I think, will be great. And if there are more injuries this season there are technically 7 starting pitchers for 5 spots. As for the Mets staff, that's a good sign but 3 innings doesn't tell all. There's only 1 week left to prepare and the statring rotation needs Pedro as their ace.

When the season starts I'll start regular updates in my posts. Can't wait!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Scraps said...

Yep, we like the Yankees...just don't tell my parents, they have other loyalties... *mutters darkly to self*

By the way, does your blog not allow anonymous comments because you don't want them, or because you don't know how to change the settings? Blogger FAQ might help, and if that doesn't work, I can probably walk you through it.

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the great attitude. It is much better to be young and single than middle aged and divorced. Stay as picky as you can for as long as you can!

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You figured out how to allow anonymous comments on your blog! :-D

I also get annoyed when people imply that I'm a nebbach because I'm not married yet. It's ridiculous and untrue.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home