Sunday, March 19, 2006

Directions

With all the technology out there, on the road nothing beats the GPS. I went to Lawrence for the weekend with my sisters, and before I left I printed out directions from MapQuest. Things were going fine ...until...I made that wrong turn. That's when the trusty cell phone came out as I tried to figure out where I was and how to correct my mistake. MapQuest was useless. After a few phone calls I was back on track. It makes you think how you ever used to get along without cell phones. But both my Mom and my Dad also have GPS systems in their cars and nothing beats it. Although the ever present voice seems to chime in every 2 minutes to remind you what road you are onthere have been improvements made so that you do not get bored of that same female or male voice. The driver can now choose from about 10 voices: female, male, British accent, southern accent.... Furthermore, at critical moments in your journey a famous person will chime in and say something about a wrong turn or how your wife actually got you to your destination. Technology today is quite amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home