Thursday, March 09, 2006

Older than I look

No complaints from me. Sure sometimes it's annoying when strangers thinks I am still in high school, when the reality is I have already graduated from college. Sometimes I do want to be treated as an adult. But, looking fifteen definitely has it's advantages. As the cashier in the pizza store pointed out to me, "They always need people like you to act in movies/TV shows to play the high school age girls." :-D He was dead serious. For five minutes he went on about how it was my destiny, and when my pizza was ready I grabbed it, thanked him for the complement, and ran out of there because he was getting a little too persistent.

It is also a lot of fun to see people's reactions when I tell them I am 21. Their mouths drop open. Usually, if someone doesn't know me I try to make them guess my age and then tell them how off they were. A recent episode that sticks in my mind is when I was coming back from winter break in California. In the airport as I was getting in line for security checks I presented my ID to the man checking tickets. As I was handing him my ID he shook his head and told me I didn't need one because I was under 18. But I insisted that he check my license. His mouth dropped open in shock for I was not 15, but 21.

The best part of looking young, for now, is that I get to pretend I'm just a kid for a little longer. Pretend that I have all the time in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home